Saturday, May 24, 2008

A cloudy day congrats

Shot an engagement session yesterday with Chris and Andrea. They were at first worried about it being cloudy, but i am glad that i convinced them that I could take just as nice photos with a cloudy day as a beautiful sunset. I am very pleased with how the shoot turned out, and i really like the feel of these photos. Congrats to both of them, and they will be getting married in about 6 months.

It was a lot of fun shooting all of these, as shooting on a cloudy day lets me get creative with the flash. Having a cloudy day lets me really the subjects pop. i would say on average i was exposing 2 stops underexposed on the sky and popping the flash at between 1/8 and 1/2 power. I was only using one flash the whole time, but i think it worked well. but, popping the flash at 1/2 power sure is a battery destroyer, as i had to switch out batteries a couple of times in the 4 hour shoot.





No comments: