Sunday, January 07, 2007

I miss the rains down in Africa



I've been back in the states for a little under a week now, after a handful of weeks in Zambia. Thanks to all those who sent emails of support and encouragement while we were there. I will post a more in-depth explanation later of everything we did, but I'm in a bit of a rush right now. Sorry.

As for the photo, this was taken in the shanty town Buseko in northwest lusaka. The photo is not that good, but i just wanted to show what many people are living in. We had gone there to talk to a family that lived there. We were told we would be OK to go to their home, but when we got there, the "mayor" of the town brought a large group and basically told us that we should leave. I was not able to shoot pretty much anything, and i really wish i could have had time to do some work. The only photos i took there were basic pray and spray, shoot from the hip type, and it was only about 20 images total.

No comments: