Monday, December 18, 2006

so kiss me, and smile for me


this is it. in 12 hours, i will be at epply, going through security and then waiting to board my series of flights that will have me trading Lincoln for Lusaka. i have spent tonight with my brother, including eating pizza at isles pub and drinking a very cold and amazing pitcher of fat tire. Im watching monday night football, and cramming in all the america i can for the moment. take a deep breath, and let it out. i realize i am very lucky to have been born here, where power, food, health, and all the other things we take for granted come easily. I will be leaving for a place where over half of the population of 2 million in the city are unemployed, one in five have hiv/aids, and most do not even have electricity.

so, im mostly packed. after fitting all my gear in a backpack (thanks, CVK) and having charged all my batteries, im just about ready. i'll be thinking of all of you.

3 comments:

cvk said...

have a blast and be really careful.

A.G. said...

Good luck!

mp said...

you're back, you're back!